Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Progress is being made!

A couple weeks ago I posted the Ocean Spray shawl I was working on.  I had just finished row 58 on it.  Today, I finished row 101 so I thought I would post another progress report.  I didn't post a progress report between rows 58 and 101 because all of the work between those two points is exactly the same, knitting with 4 yarn overs and then purling on the backside.

So here is what I have so far.

It doesn't look a lot different, just bigger.  You might have noticed that it looks like I don't have any life lines in the shawl.  I do have a life line, you just can't see it well because it is right in the row that is on the cable of my needle.  I had several life lines as I was working on this section.  Now that I have completed section one and have all of the stitches I am suppose to have I decided to get rid of the extra life lines because the ends were tangling with each other and my working yarn.  I also took out the stitch marker I had been using to mark the right and wrong sides of the work.  At this point it is now obvious which is which and I didn't want to risk snagging the marker and tearing the shawl.

Now I move on to section 2 of the pattern.  I am looking forward to this section, I hope it will be more interesting than the previous section.

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment